Performance Edge Strength and Conditioning for Athletes
Get the edge on your competition! There are two components to becoming a top athlete: 1st practice is the most important part. The more you practice (with purpose) the better you become at your craft. The 2nd however, is how you build the edge. It is enhancing what your body is capable of by increasing power output, strength, speed, agility, coordination and the ability to recover.
PESC is an adaptable Strength and Conditioning program. It is a system that can be tailored to any sport for a powerful effect.
Power training – gaining explosiveness
- Strength training
- Core strength and stability
- Injury prevention training
- And more
How it works:
1st step is evaluation. We assess the athlete, identify strengths and weaknesses.
2nd step is sport evaluation. We assess 3 types of demands of their specific sport
- Energy demands. We look at how much energy does the athlete need to exert to perform his/her task with efficiency – what kind of energy – how much time for recovery – how long is competition
- Mechanical demands. Here we look at the biomechanics of the sport and particular position to identify movement patterns that need to be perfected. We can also spot common injuries.
- Sport injury – what injuries are more likely to occur and what needs to implemented to prevent these injuries.
3rd step is putting the program together. The program begins with performance testing. These tests vary for different sports and the specific needs of the athlete. The program progresses in steps allowing the athlete to advance optimally. Results are validated by retesting every 4-6 weeks. There are 4 separate seasons of training (2 primarily):
- Off season – primary focus is strength and power
- Pre-season – primary focus is sport specific conditioning. Sport practice ramps up, strength training gets toned down to ensure adequate recovery.
- In season – primary focus in maintenance, recovery and injury prevention training
- Post season – primary focus is recovery
How we validate success:
Testing and re-testing is how we measure our success. The baseline tests depend on the sport. They could include timing the 100, max strength lifts, agility drills, etc. Testing every 4-6 weeks is an major part of any great S & C program.
Can be tailored to any sport
Get the edge you need to perform your best.
(place ‘request more info’ form at the bottom. Ask for name, email and message)